martedì 13 novembre 2007

Social bookmarking?....Del.icio.us!

Wow! My knowledge on new technologies is increasing day by day!
Like happened with feed aggregators, my brother was already aware of the existence of del.icio.us, but this time I knew a little more and I "taught" him about creating his own network including his friends' bookmarks. What a satisfaction!
I find this technology is simply bright! You can see what other people bookmarked, so you can chose which site to visite just taking a look to the the number of times that people choose it: on theory, the most a site is bookmarked the most it is interesting and reliable. Everything is based on reciprocal help.
Personally, I find tagging and describing the site a little time-demanding ( I'm lazy, I know!), but, once you've done, for the others is easier to find what they're looking for. Furthemore, I think that other people too spent some of their time to do the same for me, so I write my description more willingly.
Looking at what my peers bookmarked, I found many interesting sites I didn't noticed before: that on pronounciation bookmarked by Giovanna is very useful for who, like me, is never sure about how a word sounds. Marta found another website which will be very useful during my Erasmus period: it is about slang and gives you the tranlsation of many colloquial expressions. I think I'm going to use it very frequently, because I have to admit that my knowledge of colloquial English is not so deep. Another original and nice to become more confindent with English is reading the short stories Martina suggested: I think that reading one of them every day can help to learn new words and new expressions. In the end, if you still have doubts, you can go and take a look to the website on grammar which Elena bookmarked: here you can find explanations, exercises, tests to check your level, quizzes and reading. What can you ask more for your English? Now you just have to choose from where to start!

Bye!




picture by Spiff

2 commenti:

FFrancesco ha detto...

Ciao! quel disegno l'ho fatto io. Magari una citazioncina di www.spiff.it non guasterebbe... ;-)
Auguri.. oops: best wishes for your blog!!!

Sara DT ha detto...

Fatto!...sorry
Sara